Friday, August 31, 2012

The Littlest One!

I remember about nine years ago sitting in my living room with my family. We were about to have family scriptures when my parents made an announcement, "In August, we will be having someone come stay with us." We start guessing possible relatives--grandparents, our favorite cousins--but my dad shook his head and surprised us all by telling us we were going to have another sibling. We were shocked! Aaron (the youngest at the time) was about 4 or 5 years old. After seven kids, we were getting the hang of the routine: every two years or so my mom would have a baby, not five years! Needless to say, we were excited but surprised!

And so yesterday, August 30, we celebrated the ninth birthday of our surprise sister, Amelia! Amelia will always be "my little girl." I don't know what I'm going to do when she gets married, let alone starts dating!! I think I will be buying the shot gun! ;) Amelia is very much into ballet, gymnastics, fashion, and playing office with her friends. She's the definition of a little sister (you know what I mean ;) but I love her sweet nature :)

Our family birthdays have an evening routine: a dinner picked out by the birthday person, presents, and cake. Amelia chose to have my dad's famous crepes for dinner and there was no way this pregnant lady was missing out on that! Here are some pictures from the evening:

The birthday girl!

Down right silliness!

Opening her present from the Virgins...

It's fashion!!

She really wanted duck tape.

My dad pretending to have short arms. Ha!

Amelia was very proud of making her tiered birthday cake!


Make a wish!

Aaron's photo bomb.

Our fourth attempt! (Aaron really likes to photo bomb!)

4 comments:

  1. Holy smokes she is NINE?!?!!?!?? I remember when she was born, I visited her in the hospital! Happy bday to Amelia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks just like you Alisa! Both beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's not allowed to be 9, okay? Okay. Good. I'm glad that we've come to an agreement. No more growing up for the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, she looks like you! You both are ADORABLE!! I remember the one and only time I met her, when I came and visited Kentucky! She was SOOOOO cute and she is still SOOOO cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete