Friday, November 18, 2011

The Beginning of the End

Today was my last day of student teaching at Pyle Middle School. I would go so far to say that it was the best 13 weeks of my 4-year college education because I was able to learn so much about teaching and about myself. There's only so much you can do in a college classroom, though I did apply many of tools and principles learned there. While in the classroom I was able to learn what kind of teacher I am--what my strengths and weaknesses are--and how I interact with colleagues and students. Even though I am pleased with what I accomplished during these past 13 weeks, I know what I need to improve on and how to take it to the next level when I have my own classroom.

My students were simply amazing. They were so sweet, very polite and usually eager to learn. I was fortuante enough to have advanced 8th graders, so as a whole they like to do well in class! Each class had a unique personality to it and I always tried to adapt my lesson plans to what they would respond well to. I couldn't resist taking a picture of three of my classes :) They were the best thing that has happened to me in my very limited teaching career. I can only hope for classes like these in my future!


Period 4



Period 5


Period 7



1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you! I can't wait till I can do my student teaching!

    ReplyDelete